L1 (Foundation) for ArchiMate 3.1®
|2021-05-10 – 2021-05-12||online|
|2021-06-07 – 2021-06-09||online|
|2021-09-06 – 2021-09-08||online|
|2021-09-06 – 2021-09-08||Budapest|
|2021-11-29 – 2021-12-01||online|
|2021-11-29 – 2021-12-01||Budapest|
The course guides you through the ArchiMate modeling language – standard for Enterprise architecture – explaining usage of all elements, relationships and other concepts using real examples from multiple industries.
You will learn how to consistently describe the motivation for change, requirements, business, data, application and technology architectures as well the migration planning and various states of architecture.
In addition to the content defined by the owner of the standard, the course also includes many examples from the practice of our consultants and trainers. We will show you in detail how to correctly capture business processes, applications, their services and functions, work with information and data, and how to describe the infrastructure. You will also practise ArchiMate using our simple scenarios.
The course is a perfect preparation for the ArchiMate Foundation certification exam, which you can take at the end of the course or any time later.
At the end of the course you are prepared enough to pass the certification according to the conditions and rules of The Open Group. The certification proves the knowledge of the standard and the ability to use it in practice. The certification may be required for public sector selection processes in several countries. It is also often required as part of the qualification criteria for architect related jobs. The certification exam is delivered as a computer test with 40 questions. During the course sample questions are practiced with a 40 questions sample test at the end of the course which is immediately evaluated by the instructor and unclear areas are explained in deep.
The exam cost is 360 USD and is not included in course price.
ArchiMate and TOGAF
TOGAF defines the processes for architecture design and management and concepts to be used for architecture description. However, it does not define visual notation for the visual descriptions. This is defined by ArchiMate – graphical modeling language – standard connected to TOGAF and also managed by The Open Group. Knowledge of both standards is a must for every architect of any domain and at any level.
The content of the course is defined by The Open Group. In addition to the mandatory content, our course is enriched with a number of specific examples from the practice of our trainers.
- Enterprise architecture – short introduction
- Basic ArchiMate concepts and principles
- Architecture layers
- Overview of other elements
- Relationship between TOGAF and ArchiMate
- Changes in ArchiMate 3.1
Concepts, relationships, notation
- ArchiMate metamodel
- Detail description of ArchiMate concepts
- Relationships between concepts, their notation
- Business layer metamodel
- Active elements (actor, role, collaboration etc.)
- Behavioural concepts (process, function, event etc.)
- Passive elements (product, contract, value etc.)
- Application layer metamodel
- Active elements (application component, interface etc.)
- Behavioural concepts (service, function, interaction etc.)
- Passive element (data object)
- Technology layer metamodel
- Active elements (device, node, network etc.)
- Behavioural concepts (service, function etc.)
- Passive element (artifact)
- Structural relationships (composition, assignment, realization etc.)
- Dependency relationships (Serving, access, influence)
- Dynamic relationships (triggering, flow)
- Other relationships (grouping, junction etc.)
- Location, Grouping
- Capability, resource and course of action
- Stakeholder, Driver, Assessment
- Goal, Requirement, Constraint, Principle
- Value, Meaning
Implementation and migration elements
- Work package, deliverable, implementation event
- Plateau, Gap
- Basic viewpoints (organization, business process, application usage, infrastructure etc.)
ArchiMate tools and information sources
- Overview and selection of a tool
- ArchiMate information sources
- Sample test questions
- Certification (optional)
|L1 (Foundation) for ArchiMate 3.1||2 days||2021-05-13 – 2021-05-14||online||EN||840 EUR|
|L1 (Foundation) for ArchiMate 3.1||2 days||2021-05-13 – 2021-05-14||Budapest||EN||320 000 HUF|
|L1 (Foundation) for ArchiMate 3.1||2 days||2021-06-10 – 2021-06-11||online||EN||840 EUR|
Prices without VAT and certification exam costs
Do you want to focus on specific topics, do you want to shorten or extend the course? Do you want to prepare custom course for specific groups or roles? Let us know. We will prepare a course according to your needs.